The Myths of Innovation

Wow, indeed, this is a great read! I just finished reading Scott Berkun's The Myths of Innovation. And I really enjoyed all of it. This book tries to summarize all that has been written about innovation and to debunk myths about innovation. I think Berkun really succeeded in doing this. His writing is transparent, insightful, honest and practical. Furthermore he was able to do this in just 170 pages. I was able to read it in two 1,5 hour flights.
What I missed and hoped he would write about is the topic 'open innovation'. I think much can be written about the myths of open innovation too. Or, maybe, what Berkun says about innovation simply applies to 'open innovation' as well.
To round up, I love the citation at the beginning of the Preface. I'll close with it.

By idolizing those whom we honor we do a disservice both to them and to ourselves… we fail to recognize that we could go and do likewise. - Charles V. Willie

Comments

Popular posts

Keep the Intranet Small

Enterprise 2.0 Research

Innovation in Turbulent Times